Telling someone how much you love them or how significant they are for you is a whole lot difficult for most of us. While some people are always ready and have the courage to say I Love You the moment they feel it, many of us have to wait for the right time when we can finally express our love. However, it is not just about when you say it for the first time, because we all know that the first time is always difficult. But it is also about how you make your partner feel loved after that initial I love you for the rest of their lives.
Valentine’s Day is just one of the ways through which it gets easier for you to say the magical words for the first time and also to express that love over and over again. However, the way you show your love matters a lot. You need to be mindful of what you plan for your partner and how you execute it. While for some people, saying I love you is all about buying expensive gifts, that is not really the right approach. Yes, you can buy overpriced gifts but there are many other sweeter more affordable ways of saying I love you which might even have a greater effect since the sentiments get attached. Hence, we have come up with a list of 7 affordable ways to say I love you on Valentine’s Day to your loved ones:
- Handmade Card: nothing says I love you more perfectly than the words written in your own handwriting on a creative card that you might have spent hours on. When you make something yourself for your partner, instead of attaching a printed card along with a gift, it speaks volumes! You can write everything that you feel and they will be able to feel that love directly. Not only that but since you would have made a DIY card, they could see how much effort you’ve put in it. And if this is your first time, and even after making the card you cannot gather the courage to say those words directly, I am sure that after just taking a look at the card, that person will say it to you!
- Breakfast in Bed: this one is definitely for those who have already achieved the milestone of saying it for the first time and are now doing their best to stick to their words for the rest of their lives while also expressing that love every once in a while. When your partner will open their eyes on the morning of Valentine’s Day because of a sweet kiss that you gave them, and then look at your face along with the amazing aroma of morning feasts, it will definitely be the best start of this beautiful day and they will stay cheerful all day long! Additionally, all you need to do is add that little chit on the breakfast tray that says I Love You or just say it out loud!
- Rose Plant: while gifting rose bouquet is cute, the concept of it has been lost. It is more about buying the most expensive one because of the competition and serving in the capitalist market. However, while these roses might just stay fresh for a day or two, a rose plant will carry them for years. Gift your loved one a rose plant or any other plant that they love so that they can nurture it all year long while remembering your eternal love for them.
- A Candle Light Dinner: while there are countless amount of deals available in restaurants on Valentine’s Day, having a romantic candlelight dinner at your own home is probably the best way of telling how much you love your partner. Plus, if you are nervous about how they will take it (I mean if it is your first time) it is better to say it when you are alone than to say it in front of a bunch of people in a restaurant. Furthermore, for those of you who have been together for years, you probably have been fed up with going out for dinner every Valentine’s so just stayed back home and express your love while the romantic scented candles surround you!
- Arts and Crafts: does it sound childish? Well, it is meant to! The reason why we have arts and crafts as an option is a fact that when you try to go back to your childhood memories or do an activity together which doesn’t involve technology, you are in a pure situation. We all know that kids are always honest because they have a pure heart due to which no one can express love more openly than those little angels. Hence, if you really want to express all your emotions and say I love you, just go in that zone and say whatever you feel! Plus, all you need for this is some sheets of paper and some color paints and you are good to go!
- Massage: love is all about being relaxed and what is better than having your loved one give you a massage? This is one of those ways which is not only affordable but also extremely romantic and satisfying. And if you know your way through it, trust me, there is no other gift which will make your partner happier than a romantic, maybe even a bit erotic massage!
- Netflix and Chill: last on the list is basically yet another inexpensive but extremely satisfying way of expressing your love. If you and your partner like watching shows but do not get time to do this together, this Valentine’s Day just take time out and binge watch shows while being in your PJs and enjoying popcorn! Also, what can be a better way of saying I love you than to say it when you are in the most comfortable place and position? The words will come naturally to you and even if they don’t, your eyes will say everything when you will look at them with the pure love that you have been carrying in your heart for so long!